About SantaCaliGon Festival
The 44th annual SantaCaliGon Days Festival in Independence Missouri commemorates the origin of the Santa Fe, California, and Oregon trails during the country’s great westward expansion by early pioneers. In 2014, 308,000 attendees spent Labor Day weekend at the region’s oldest and largest festival. Festival dates are September 2nd through September 5th, 2016.
Components of the SantaCaliGon Days® Festival include:
- 500 artisan, crafter, food and commercial vendor booths.
- Three FREE entertainment stages — Main Stage, Community Stage and Gospel Stage
- A large carnival midway, provided by Wade Shows
- Chainsaw Art Demonstrations by Eagle Ridge Saw Works on South Main near Kansas: Friday-2:00 pm, 4:00 pm, and 6:00 pm/ Saturday&Sunday: 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm, and 6:00 pm/ Monday-12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, and 4:00
- I-town Volleyball Game at 10:30 am at the Truman Memorial Building broadcasted by Metro Sports
- Authentic Swedish Blacksmith on Main Street between Lynn/Lexington
- Antique Fire Trucks Saturday & Sunday on North Main
- SCG 5K Run